Monday, May 23, 2011

Veihl to continue her volleyball at St. Clair


Martha Veihl, a starter on the Lapeer East volleyball team, has decided that she will continue with her volleyball career at St. Clair Community College.

“I chose (St. Clair) because I felt it was the right distance from home, and I already have some friends there,” said Veihl, who plans to study education and administration.

A three-sport star for Lapeer East, Veihl also played basketball and ran track for the Eagles.


Veihl said choosing St. Clair was an easy decision. “I considered a few other smaller schools, but St. Clair was my best option for volleyball,” she said. “I look forward to a successful season, and just getting to know my new teammates.”

Photo caption:
Martha Veihl signs her letter of intent surrounded by Chris, Susan and Emily Veihl as East coach Dan Purvis and St. Clair coach Chuck Weisner look on.