Wednesday, March 30, 2011

East's Tomczyk signs with Siena Heights


Lapeer East Senior Clayton Tomczyk has signed a letter of intent to play soccer at Siena Heights University in Adrian this fall.

Tomczyk is a 1st Team All-State, 1st Team All-League, and 1st Team All-District Player at Lapeer East. The 6-foot, 170-pound midfielder also plays for the TNT dynamite U18 club team. Clayton's sister, Kristen Tomczyk, a 2009 East grad, is also playing college soccer at Saginaw Valley State University.

“I chose Siena Heights for numerous reason, Tomczyk said. “First, the school has a solid Liberal Arts program that will allow me to study pre-pharmacy. Second, I was looking for a soccer program that felt right for me. I liked the family atmosphere, and the coaches and players were very friendly and welcoming.

“I hope to come in and contribute to the team right away. I would like to send out a special thanks to my family and coaches Joe Allen, Mark Burke, and Chad Kenny who have helped me develop as a player and person over the years.”

Siena Hieghts Coach Aldo Zid said, “The men’s soccer program at SHU is very excited to have a student-athlete of Clayton’s caliber join our soccer family. His ability in class and on the field will draw attention from our staff and faculty as well as our opponents.”