Friday, April 1, 2011

Laidlaw to leave school board


Lapeer Community Schools Board President Bill Laidlaw will resign his school board seat April 21 because he has taken a new job in Nashville, Tenn.

Laidlaw has served on the board since July 2004 and has been the board president since July 2006.

In a letter to the board, Laidlaw said, “It is with a heavy heart that I leave the LCS family … Although I am very excited to begin a new chapter in my life, it is extremely difficult to say farewell to a wonderful group of people that I have worked so closely with.”

“It has indeed been a tremendous honor to serve as your board president, and I am very proud of the level of service we have been able to provide to our students and community through difficult economic times. More challenges lie ahead, but I am confident LCS will provide the very best educational opportunities to its students with the resources it has available.”

The board will begin the process later this month of naming a replacement to fill Laidlaw’s board seat. The new board trustee will be appointed in May to serve the remainder of Laidlaw’s term, which expires in 2012.